Friday, September 19, 2008

Reunion


Last night we were able to drive to Provo and have dinner with our good friends Matt and Janina, who are in town from Los Angeles. Janina is my best friend from college - we were basically joined at the hip all four years of college, and as we always say, "we share half a brain!" (yeah, that kind of came out wrong the first time we said it, and it has stuck!) She and I were both piano performance majors and it seems like we had most classes together. People used to assume all the time that we were roommates, but we never lived together, we were just always together! We really have been through a lot together, and I am so grateful for her and her friendship. It is so interesting to me, because on the surface it seems like we are very different - we come from pretty different backgrounds, but we really are so similar in so many ways, and we really have parallel lives, it is so crazy - but it is neat because we are always able to understand what the other is going through and help each other out. Anyway, love you, Janina!

It was so much fun to see Janina and Matt!! The four of us used to get together all the time when we were all living in Provo and we have had so many fun times. It had been over a year since we had seen them, and they had never met James! Needless to say, we were very excited to see each other. We ate dinner at Panda Express (our traditional favorite - I don't know how many times Janina and I have eaten here...) and then went up to campus to the HFAC (our old "home" - the music building) and sat and visited and exchanged baby gifts. Janina is 32 weeks pregnant with their first, a baby boy! We are so excited for them!

Here are lots of fun pictures from the evening -

Janina and James at Panda

J-Bebe & Juana, back together!! Yay! Look at what a cute pregnant girl she is!

James saw the big Chinese lanterns on the ceiling and pointed and said, "buh-ooon!" (balloon)

Janina and Matt gave James the cutest little Bob the Builder outfit - they were so cute to give it to us - thanks guys! James LOVES playing with hangers - here he is having so much fun

Trying on the shirt - it is SO cute!

Janina and Matt with James - I told them, pretty soon this will be you guys - you will have a cute little baby boy of your own!

What a great couple - they are so perfect for each other (I would know, I was there for all of Janina's boyfriends, and Matt was the only one I really ever approved of! hehe)

The five of us, reminiscing in the piano hallway!!! Awww, I miss BYU...

Janina and I spent many hours in this hallway...

some candid shots from Matt

friends!!

We can't believe that we are both all grown up with a baby and a baby on the way! And, for some contrast - next is a picture of Janina and I during our freshman year of college - wow, that was like six years ago! I can't believe it -

so long ago...

James got to see where Mommy and Daddy went to school!

Jonathan and I

our little family

James and Matt became buddies

Jonathan and I were commenting that when we got together with Janina and Matt, it didn't even seem like we had been apart that long, we were just able to pick up where we left off and hang out as if it hadn't been almost a year and a half - I think that is really neat, it goes to show that our friendship will stay strong despite long distances. Awww, I love good friends! We are so grateful for all of our great friends.

4 comments:

Karli said...

great friends are such a blessing...and like my favorite quote says, "no distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth." So true! Glad you got to see your friends and that they got to meet your cute boy. We can't wait to see you too!

Joanna said...

Hey! Yeah, it was at Kathleen's last night. I know she'd been tryng to get a hole of everyone, but had some trouble. Anyway, yes, Mike is married. To a really cute girl from Korea. That sucks about the instacare. Hope he's feeling better.

I love all the pictures you posted. So cute!

Megan said...

That looks like so much fun! I miss BYU and the "good ol times" I wish I could have been there with you guys. I really need to go to campus when I come out for Christmas-too bad campus will be empty!

Janina Herbert said...

AWWWWWW! I LOVE YOU, TOO, J-BEBE! :) Your post was so sweet! Awww, YAY FOR FRIENDS!!! hehe. And that picture of the 2 of us from 6 years ago?.... CRAZY! Look how young we were! Like "high-schoolers" young (b/c we're still young ;) Anyways, I love these pictures! K, I seriously need to call you tomorrow or sometime this week b/c I MISS YOU and want to CATCH UP MORE! It was SO GREAT seeing you last week! Awwww, I love us! I love Provo! I love Panda reunions! hehe. muahWHACK!