Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Change in Halloween Plans - NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART

Since removing Jonathan's bandage from his surgery, we have decided that a change in our Halloween plans is in order. We can no longer be mummies and have decided to go as Frankenstein! Well, ok, not really - but Jonathan very well could with his ear all stitched up like it is! It is a bit of a gruesome sight, which is why I made the picture so small, so you can just scroll right past it and not have to see it so close if you choose. :) It sort of looks like his ear came off and was sewn back on!


Oh and p.s. he is doing alright, but is still really exhausted. He is getting more and more feeling back in his ear and so it is a bit painful - thank goodness for drugs!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

OK, I don't know how, but I missed your original post. I just read it and WOW! You guys are so lucky you had a quick-thinking doctor...even if it did involve a prosthetic ear bone or two. I hope the recovery goes well for Jonathan!

Joanna said...

OK, I don't know how, but I missed your original post. I just read it and WOW! You guys are so lucky you had a quick-thinking doctor...even if it did involve a prosthetic ear bone or two. I hope the recovery goes well for Jonathan!