Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Happy Birthday, Babe!

Today was Jonathan's birthday - he turned 26! We had such a fun weekend together, we ended up celebrating all weekend long! On Saturday I made him sloppy joes for dinner (his request) and James and I sang happy birthday to him (ok, I sang to him), then we went to Coldstone for some ice cream. On Sunday my Mom made him a birthday dinner and we had cake and ice cream and he opened some fun presents from my family. Today Jonathan got the day off from work, we had so much fun spending the day together! He opened his presents from me this morning and then we had a fun day together, which we ended by eating out at Tucano's (my parents watched James for us). It had been quite awhile since Jonathan and I have been out together, just the two of us without a baby, and it was kind of nice! Of course we missed James a little, but he was having so much fun with Grandma and Grandpa that he didn't even miss us!

I love Jonathan so much, he is my best friend and I am so glad I married someone who is so much fun to be with. Love you, Babe!

at Coldstone

the birthday boy

Jonathan got an awesome "balloon architecture" kit from my parents - he was working on making the Eiffel tower and was a little nervous about the balloons popping...

after blowing out candles

James and cute Aunt Abby

Abby, James, Josh

Jonathan's presents

Jonathan trying out his new telescope!

(yes, he's in the kitchen - looking out the front door at the mountains)

We tried out the telescope for real tonight once it was dark - it was so much fun!

1 comment:

Lil Lizzie said...

oh i wish i could've been there for the festivities! i miss you guys! love you lots :)